Travel Authorization

Print (Imprimir)Print (Imprimir)

I want to travel with my family while on supervised release. How can I request a travelling authorization to the United States? What is the maximum travel time period allowed by the Court? How do I request courtesy supervision from another district?


You can request a travel authorization after the first six months of the post-conviction supervised release term has elapsed. If the trip is within the United States and for fifteen days or less, a travel request has to be made and authorization has to be received from the US Probation officer in charge of your supervision. Further, if the trip is longer than fifteen days, you must report to the US probation office of the district where you are traveling. 
-If you are on pre-trial supervision a traveling request has to be made to the court by your attorney.