Print (Imprimir)Print (Imprimir)

How do I request to use the passport retained by the U.S. Probation Office? May I obtain a new passport while on supervised release?


If you are in pre-trial supervision, you may request the passport through a motion prepared by the defense counsel to the Court requesting the same; and, by completing the PS 40 form. Once you return from you trip, the passport has to be returned to the US probation Officer. If you are in post-conviction supervision, the passports are located within the US Department of State, and a motion has to be filed by the attorney to request a new passport to said agency.