Early Termination

Print (Imprimir)Print (Imprimir)

How can I apply for early termination of my supervised release imposed by the Court?


Pursuant to Title 18, United States Code, Section 3583(e), the court, after taking into consideration certain factors, may terminate a term of supervised release and discharge you at any time after the expiration of one year of supervised release. This action may be carried out if it is pursuant to the provisions of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure relating to the modification of probation, and if it is satisfied that such action is warranted by your conduct while being on supervision and the interest of justice.  The US probation officer in charge of your supervision will provide additional information as to the early termination process in this district.