Makin' It Work
This program is designed to help clients who have spent time in prison to successfully make the transition into the community and the "world of work". It will help them to:
- Understand negative "thinking traps" that make it easy to act impulsively or illegally, even when there are negative consequences.
- Understand employer's hidden code of expectations.
- Recognize and manage emotions before they get out of control.
- Resolve workplace problems logically instead of impulsively.
- Express legitimate complaints and take constructive criticism in more professional ways.